Your career effectiveness will be influenced by the match between you as a person, your role and your work environment. Self-awareness and personal insight are key to good career planning and choices.
Your choice of work in medicine needs to fit and balance with other factors in your life and individual career aspirations also vary.
There is a wealth of career opportunity for doctors, including:
- Specialty Training in Primary or Secondary Care
- NHS and Specialty Doctor roles
- Academic, teaching or research careers
- Options in other settings
The following downloads and resources will help you to take stock of what you want in your career and to help you explore options.
- Medical training pathway
- Considering work abroad
- Alternative careers resources
- Resources for planning time abroad
- Prospects website: Medicine
- UK health careers - planning pages
- UK health careers - specialty pages
- UK health careers - options for doctors