Your career effectiveness will be influenced by the match between you as a person, your role and your work environment. Self-awareness and personal insight are key to good career planning and choices.
Your choice of work in medicine needs to fit and balance with other factors in your life and individual career aspirations also vary.
There is a wealth of career opportunity for doctors, including:
- Specialty Training in Primary or Secondary Care
- NHS and Specialty Doctor roles
- Academic, teaching or research careers
- Options in other settings
The following downloads and resources will help you to take stock of what you want in your career and to help you explore options.
- Medical training pathway
- BMA Cymru 'Career Path for doctors in Wales' infographic / Welsh language infographic
- Links and resources for career planning and jobsearch / Welsh language resources
- Considering Time out after F2
- Alternative careers resources / Welsh language Alternative Careers
- Prospects website: Options with a degree in Medicine
- UK health careers - planning pages
- UK health careers - specialty pages
- UK health careers - options for doctors
Visual and Virtual Resources
View videos or resources featuring our Programmes open for entry after F2: